Re: Who are hillside trains?

Translib Pty. Ltd. wrote:

> > Sounds like the old Stalinist ideology of "let's kick the brains
> > out of the country, and then we'll all be free"
>
> Alex, perhaps you should consider the situation that is happening within
> the P.T.C.  Why should the P.T.C. on one hand want to reduce more
> station staff, yet at the same time, have already duplicated many of the
> senior management poitions?  Where is the logic?  Isn't operation staff
> are the ones actually helping the P.T.C. to earn the revenue?  Here at

I feel that the ideology which Victoria is currently being subjected to
is
the result of many years of single-minded welfare mentality
on the part of several past governments.

I certainly don't agree that this current situation is "good" or
pleasant, and I don't think it should be the norm, but it
is a symptom of the state's larger economic and social problems. I don't
know what the solution is, but I know that it isn't going to help
to slash jobs whether they be blue or white collar positions. All
that happens when you slash jobs is that other industries start
to suffer as there are not enough people to buy their products.

I don't agree with what PTC are doing, but your alternative of
getting rid of managers as a marker of "competition" is also
not agreeable to me. I am not a manager, just an engineer, but I know
what happens when societies engage in anti-management or anti-
government activities. There is a saying - "Each revolution
only leads to the implementation of a new, more extensive,
and more brutal bureaucracy." History has proved this to be
correct.

Certainly, the PTC is not my organization, and it is not given to me to
play the upstart and tell them what to do to run their business.
I am just an observer.

--
 o Alex Borodin B.Eng(Hons)        o Queensland Rail
 o Software and Systems Engineer   o Ph: +61-7-3235-2482