Re: Interesting Rumour

MarkBau1 wrote:

> <<<<<<<Now that the CLPs and CLFs are being maintained by Clyde their
> reliability may
> improve. I think that a lot of  MKs problem was that they used cheap non
> genuine
> parts to keep them going.
> Bob>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
> Not sure what's going on in Oz but in the US, MK maintain vast fleets of the
> major RR's loco's and have a very good reputation. Non genuine parts don't seem
> to be a problem as UP/BNSF/MK all buy non genuine parts. Sounds like MK had a
> local management problem
>
> BTW, MK Rail is now known as MPI here in the US. Did they change their name in
> Oz too?
>
> Mark.
>
> THE ROCK is dead
> Long live THE ROCK!

  I don't think that they got to change their name before they shut their doors. As
a part of the world wide wind up of MK, the Australian operation was just shut down
unlike the US operations that were sold off by the receivers. AN had to take back
the maintenance of their units when MK closed and there was even the ridiculous
situation where many former NSW 442 class that had been purchased by MK and were
being rebuilt were just scrapped. Yes, this was just poor management.
Bob