Re: pronunciation - new query - Dunolly

Eddie Oliver <eddie.oliver@efs.mq.edu.au> wrote:

>Maybe this will be an easier pronunciation query than some of the
>previous ones which have received either no responses or conflicting
>ones!

>What is the pronunciation of Dunolly, please?

>DUN - ol - ee?
>dun - OLL - ee?
>dun - OLE - ee?

Eddie, I have family who live at Eddington, near Dunolly and I would
say the most frequent reference I hear is:

D'nOLee,

where the middle phoneme ('OL') is accented, but spoken quickly!

Regards,

Brian

Brian Dunn, Deakin ACT 2600

Note 2.--Authority is granted for the use of "D4" Class engines
without cow-catchers on the following sections:-
Ballarat-Maryborough, Maryborough-Castlemaine.