Re: Pantograph/Contact Wire problems

Wouldn't the Europeans (and the Japanese) have the answers to this problem?
I believe the French managed to burn out many kilometres of overhead in the
mid fifties when achieving rail speed records, though that was 1500 volts
DC.  With 25,000 volts AC it may not be such a problem, but given that the
TGV runs on this voltage, the same as this, at more than double the speed
you're likely to achieve with the tilt train, I'm sure the Europeans would
have the answers.  If you post your item to a European rail newsgroup you
should get a more informed answer than Aussies can give, unfortunately we
don't operate any trains which can remotely be called fast.

David Bennetts
Canberra