Re: Australian Railway Magazines?

David Proctor (daproc@bigfoot.com) wrote:

>Tell wrote in message <6djjst$4vh$3@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>...
>
>>Yes there is, it is called Network Rail, six editions
>>per year.  It is full of glossy ads and approved PR
>>handouts about how well our Government systems are run
>>and how they are going to improve the Oz rail scene.
>
>So I am not alone in thinking this magazine would put the Ministry of
>Propaganda, run by Dr Joseph Goebbels, to shame?

That's how the magazine was when it was just called Network, and was
published by the Railways of Australia Committee. Since then, the group
now includes private operators and, most importantly, the engineering
firms such as Adtranz, Clyde and Goninan. It is now an industry lobby
group and Network Rail is a lobby group publication. There have been
numerous articles condemning restrictive government regulations which
restrict increased rail operation.

Cheers
David