Re: Multiple Track Level Crossings

On 23 Feb 1998 11:47:44 GMT, "The Sims" <alma@webexpress.net.au>
wrote:

>Any advances on 3?
>
>South Pine Road STRATHPINE and Sherwood Road SHERWOOD (I think) both in the
>Brisbane metro area have three track level crossings.

Anderson Road, Sunshine, Victoria has four (SG Main, Up and Down BG
main to Bendigo, BG siding).

At Junee North Box the crossing sign says 4 tracks (Down Platform,
Middle Road, Up Platform, Back Platform) but the two outer tracks have
sets of points through the crossing (ie blades north of xing, frog
south of xing) these tracks lead to the north dock (off Down Plat) and
the Yard (off Back Plat). Until about two years ago there was another
track on the west side that lead from the yard to the branch.

At Glen Huntly Road,Glen Huntly there are five tracks with two tram
tracks at right angles (and in the road surface) to the three train
tracks <vbg>.

There are many three track crossings in the Glen Huntly to Moorabbin
area and elsewhere on the Met.

Cheers

Krel

PS at the intersection of Wicham Road and Worthing Road, Moorabbin
there is a level crossing right through the middle of a roundabout. I
think there is another in Mildura ( cnr Benetook Ave and 14th st
????). Are there any others in Australia ?????
" Am I a railfan, a train enthusiast, a gunzel or just an eccentric crank ???
Or all of the above ????????