Re: Cleveland trains turnaround

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 06:22:54 GMT, TB wrote:

>It stopped because it didn't work (and because the Clev line has always
>been planned to link to Doomben with the current timetable - see my
>times, often as much as 20 mins.  The work on the standard guage line (to
>F'man Islands) brought freight and coal onto the Clev line, which didn't
>help.

  The freight and coal were already on the cleveland line. The
standard gauge line was constructed as a dual gauge line so that the
freight could run without interfering with Citytrain traffic.

Heard something a little while back saying that they were considering
wiring one of the sidings at Redbank so they could turn Doomben trains
around there, but nothing is set in stone yet.

Peter Dwyer