Re: Steam through loop

On 28 Jun 1998 08:59:38 GMT, "Sams Workshop" <workshop@hotkey.net.au>
wrote, and I selectively quote:

>Since then all diesels, steam forbidden through loop.

Not so.... I remember GM36 from Spencer Street  to Yarrawonga via the
Loop, Tottenham yard, etc.  I filmed him as he rolled through Museum:
as he rolled through the station, the driver notched up the GM a
couple of steps and the blue exhaust smoke made a fine fade-out haze
through which the train departed.  As I returned to my car in La Trobe
Street, fire engine were converging on Museum from La Trobe and
Elizabeth Streets.

Yuri
--

"It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you."