Re: 3801 mechanical problems

alberta@zip.com.au (Albert Alcoceba) writes: > Looks like 3801 ran into a sport of bother with a 3801 Ltd tour on
> Saturday 27 June 1998.
>
> 3801 assisted by 8165 arrived at Sydenham on the Up Bankstown line
> with 3801Ltd carriages and detrained all it's passengers before the
> train proceded empty along the Up Illawarra main possibly to Eveleigh.
>
> Anyone have any details?
>

> Albert Alcoceba
> alberta@zip.com.au
> http://homepages.tig.com.au/~alberta

Well I might have somthing that may help.

According to the STN 3801 was tabled to travel through Sydenham at 611pm
but it wasn't tabled to stop.  It also showed that 3801 went up the
mountain under its own power.

This in itself raises another question:

What time did 3801 pass through Sydenham?  Was it running late?

Andrew Duffin