Re: Never seen steam

David Bromage <dbromage@metz.une.edu.au> wrote in article
<6mu0p6$os6$2@gruvel.une.edu.au>...
> Interesting discussion on uk.railway about some new lines (e.g. Heathrow
> Express) seeing a steam loco for the first time. How many lines are there
> in Australia which have never seen a steam locomotive? Off the top of my
> head.....
>
> Vic: Melbourne underground loops
>      Newport - North Geelong standard gauge (new line, the regauged lines
>      have previously seen broad gauge steam locos)
>      Somerton - Ford Siding standard gauge?
> WA: Iron ore lines (except Hammersley)
> Qld: Helensvale - Robina
> NSW: Olympic Park loop?

Here's some wild guesses - some of which I admit are unlikely but I cant
think of any steam over them and I'd be interested if anyone could disprove
them

	Tonsley (Adelaide)
	Hallett Cove Beach to Noarlunga Centre (Adelaide)
	Tarcoola to Alice Springs  (???)
	East Malvern to Glen Waverley (Melbourne Subs) (always been electrified -
has there ever been a steam excursion? - maybe steam powered construction
trains?
	Webb Dock (Melbourne)
	Currambine (Perth)
	Eastern Subs (Sydney)
	Cumberland link (Sydney)
	Cobar to Elura (NSW)
	Moe to Yallourn (Vic) (???)
	Yallourn to Morwell (SEC interconnecting railway)
	new Sale station (Vic)
	Coal loading loops in Hunter Valley (NSW)