Mt Gambier Freight Trains

     Hello

     Can anyone on the newsgroup tell me when stock ceased to be carried on
     the Mt Gambier freight.

     Also, have V/Line locos ever worked the service - they would have a
     couple in Mt Gambier occasionally so the potential was there in the
     event of a failure of AN locos.

     Did DA5 ever work the service - I think it entered service in April
     1995 and the broad gauge to Mt Gambier was cut with the
     standardisation of Adelaide-Melbourne in August 1995, I think.

     When was the last time a Bluebird ran on the line ? Any charter runs
     after the cessation of services in 1990 ?

     I'd also be interested in buying colour photos of Mt Gambier goods
     from early 80s up until cessation of the service.

     Replies to bscanlon@dist.gov.au

     Cheers

     Ben

----------------- Cleared by MIMEsweeper ----------------