Re: Emu Bay Railway

Hi, guys.

As an additional thought in regard to operations on the EBR, I think you will
find that they still operate under vacuum brakes, whereas Tasrail (when under
the AN banner) converted most of the rolling stock to Westinghouse.  This
activity started in earnest when the 830's were sent to Tasmania, along with
redundant mainland rolling stock.  I think that you will find that there is
virtually no vacuum braked stock left on the Tasrail system.
>From my recollection, Tasrail rolling stock did operate on the EBR from time to
time, but it tended to go either with either through pipes, or non-braked.

Some locals might have more information on this aspect of operations.
--

Regards

David Donald
Springwood, NSW