Re: Emu Bay Railway

In article <358E68EA.23C1@planet.net.au>, alco@planet.net.au wrote:

> Does anybody know if the EBR locomotives are still being used since the
> takeover or if ATN are using their own power?
> Thanks
>  Brad

I'll make an educated guess.  The EBR locos were set up and operated as
single man operation.  Given that no ATN locos would be set up this way,
they are probably still using the standard EBR lashups.  I don't know the
state of compatibility of the radios either, given that the EBR achieved
total coverage of their lines, necesarry for single manning.  Quite a feat
considering the nature of the terrain.

--
Stuart Thyer  Suzuki Gs1000s
Photographer  University of Melbourne