Re: Low nose 48 class

Rod, I've shunted 100% by radio in the US with 100% unmodified loco's with only
me in the cab and have never had a problem. With trains that can be 50 or 100
or 150 cars long there is absolutely no chance of seeing a hand signal.
Standard practice is if the groundman says "2 cars" you stop after a car length
unless you've heard from him again. We have lots of chatter to but when
switching everyone is quiet until the move is completed.

Personally I think "modifying" locos for one man shunting is a 100% waste of
money, improve your radio procedures instead!

Mark.

I can be abused and called names at: markbau@aol.com

If the abuse is particularly profound I'll give you my real email address.