Re: New Livery for Melbourne Electric Trains????

>Don't Hitachi's have a life of 30 years and only now getting their
>1/2 life service?

At least they are getting that. When was the red rattler's half-life
service? Or was that considered to be the time the original carriages were
converted to electric rollingstock in 1918 or thereabouts?
Ditto Harris carriages, the centre doors were cut in around 1978 or
thereabouts from memory (probably slightly earlier as I think 1978 was when
they stopped short of doing the lot over asbestos concerns) and the few grey
ghost carriages were around 1980-81 under VicRail (does anyone have any
photos?). Apart from that, I am not sure they received anything resembling a
half life refurbishment.
    The Comengs so far are the only Melbourne trains to receive a half life
service at the economically viable time - 15 years out of 30.