Re: Fiber optic along rail lines?

mauried@commslab.gov.au (Maurie Daly) wrote:
>Now that we dont actually have an AN , it would be amusing to know who
>actually owns the fiber , probably the same lot who own all the decrepid
>country railway stations in SA.

Yes good point, I suppose the Federal Transport Dept.?
What amazes me is the lack of information available on
who owns the infrastructure that was not flogged off.

Take the Alice Springs Passenger Terminal, it is used
by private operators to run the private Ghan.  The only
connection National Rail Corp have with it, is when
their loco's run past it.!  NRC use a small office over
in the Goods yard.  The majority of the buildings,
workshop and Loco shed have long been closed up,
desolation and weeds abound.

Cheers

----Tell