Re: NRC Radio testing.

Pseudonymous Tell asked about the radio-testing post.
BS1 was a Spirit of Progress carriage (steel, blue, eight compartments).
It was modified in later life to have a buffet section (hence the code
BRS), with only six compartments.  It was fitted with its own
diesel-alternator, which made it a good choice for use as a radio-testing
vehicle.

Paul saw it in WA: when?  Did it go to Esperance and Leonora too?
--
Regards
Roderick Smith

Paul Pickford <brougham@bigpond.com> wrote in article
<357ea266.0@139.134.5.33>...
> Tell wrote in message <6lletj$fbg$1@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>...
> > what was the elusive NR
> >and BS1 actually doing.
> >Routine radio checks or new frequencies.
> It's testing the new "AWARE" radio systems for the NR's. It's been to
Perth,