Re: Armed guard on the Illawarra Line

Bill wrote:
> A later post says that the drunk has a fractured skull! No matter how much of
> nuisance he was, there must be a better way of handling the problem that taking
> to his head with a spanner!

The question of note here is - was the guard acting in self defence?  I
would not contemplate laying a finger (or spanner, end to end radio etc)
on a disruptive passenger - that's a job for the Police, BUT if assulted
and under direct physical threat, I would not hesitate to use whatever
means available to defend myself.  I sincerely hope it never comes to
that, but lets not crucify the guard in this case until we know the
facts.

Cheers,
CH.
--