Re: Sydney CityRail Trivia

On Sun, 07 Jun 98 21:49:32 GMT, Eddie.Oliver@efs.mq.edu.au (Eddie
Oliver) wrote:

>>Name a medium sized CityRail station that does not have any operating
>>Automatic Ticket Machines and has not had any for two months.
>
>Thornleigh.

Very good.

>However I disagree with your heading. Such a matter is scarcely "trivial",
>especially since the down-platform machine bears a prominent
>notice that the cause of the failure is lack of parts. The machine on the
>island platform has been removed altogether.

I can't imagine why the machine on the island platform has been
removed.  The lack of parts for the down-platform machine is of
concern.  Is this an indication of how often the machines get
vandalised?  Inspecting the machine in question showed that the note
accepting mechanism had been torn out, possibly in an attempt to reach
the container where the notes get stored.

Albert Alcoceba
alberta@zip.com.au
http://www.zip.com.au/~alberta