Re: Derailment at Concort West

Robert Prentice wrote:

> Regarding the derailment at Concord this morning.. I heard that Northern
> Line trains were terminating at Epping, with buses to Strathfield to join
> trains to the City. Was this the go all day? Does anyone know what
> happened yet? Apparently they were doing about 80km/h.. was it a track
> problem that could've occurred a couple of hours later when full commuters
> were heading into the City? Heard nothing this morning about 5.20am at
> Newcastle.

Intercity services ran via the North Shore.  Suburban services terminated at
Epping until 19:00.  They are now terminating at Rhodes.

An interesting point:  During the day, some !$% twit deicided to catch an
intercity (first stop Hornsby) train up the North Shore, with the intention of
alighting at Chatswood.  After realising that the train wasn't going to stop
there, he decided to force the doors open and jump anyway.  He broke both his
legs.  Sucked in.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard