Overland idea

The recent debate a Overland made me think about the only valid overseas
comparison. It has always been compared with Europe, however I think it
should be compared with Amtrak. Some Adelaide-Melbourne services would
become through cars to/from other services, with the current service
filling in on other nights

                We Su  We Sa  Tu Fr  MoThSu
Through from     PER    ASP    SYD    ADL
Adelaide   dep   8.00  18.00  19.15  19.15
                       Th Su  We Sa  TuFrMo
Melbourne  arr  20.45   6.45   8.00   8.00

                Th Su  Tu Sa  Mo Th   Fr    We Su
Melbourne  dep   8.45  18.20  20.20  20.20  22.45
                       We Su  Tu Fr   Sa    Th Mo
Adelaide   arr  21.10   6.45   8.45   8.45  10.10
Through to       ADL    SYD    PER    ADL    ASP

One new feature is the possibility of weekend tour packages leaving either
capital on Friday night and returning in daylight on Sunday.

Cheers
David