Re: Sydney trip

Dave Proctor wrote

>In article <6laoqq$4k@news.tbsa.com.au>,
>  "peter berrett <pberrett@" <"remove-this-spambait>tbsa.com.au"> wrote:

>> I went down to Box Hill station to check out the availability of
>> sleepers. Then whilst discussing the cost etc with the station attendant
>> the realisation dawned on me - the only sleepers are twins. This means
>> that I would have to share with a stranger!

>This has been the case on this route now for almost five years - why did you
>only realise it when you got to the station?

I have worked for my employer for 13 years and have now finally worked
myself into a position where I will get the occasional bit of interstate
travel. Previously on my travels to Sydney the $$$ situation always made
me travel economy but now that someone else is paying and I have a
little bit more spare cash these days it is far more likely that I can
afford to/will consider travelling by sleeper.

The other thing is that last year I and my wife went by sleeper from
Adelaide to Melbourne and I enjoyed it immensely. (I do not know whether
they have single sleepers either ...???) Much better than seating. I'm
now hooked on this mode of travel. Most of the time I go interstate with
my wife but this was the first time I had to consider a sleeper
travelling alone.

Add to that the fact that while I have an interest in rail I do not by
any means claim to be an expert on all the services that are provided.

cheers Peter