Re: Old Railway near Albury

Chris Younger wrote:
> Some of the girders from the bridge that crossed the Hume Weir near Tallangatta
> have been re-used further downstream in the rail bridge that was renewed at
> Yarrawonga about six years ago.

A number were also used in the new Dartmoor bridge, which ironically was
'rationalised' only a few years later by guage standardisation.  The big
bridge was the Sandy Creek wasn't it?  I'm surprised the Bonnie Doon
bridge has remained, are its girders of inferior structure?  Some were
removed from other places on the Mansfield line (Goulburn River Bridge
for example, which had a couple of girders missing (and another couple
still in place) last time I saw it.

Cheers,
CH.
--