NR30 in Melbourne

In a msg of <29 May 98>, Yuri J Sos/Melbourne AUS wrote to All:

 YJSA> NR30, the "spotted" NR (I mean no disrespect, but I can't remember its
 YJSA> indigenous name) arrived into NR's Melbourne Yard this morning in the
 YJSA> middle of a consist of three.

 YJSA> It's not a frequent visitor, so you may want to get out for a shot.
 YJSA> Perhaps one of the NR lads can tell us when/which way it's due to
 YJSA> leave MEL (please?)

NR announced during the commissioning of the two indigenously painted NR's that they would primarily operate to Alice Springs and on GSR services. I assume NR30 was sent to Melbourne to go to Goninians Spotswood for routine servicing.

Regards,

Tom

---