Trying to recall train book title

This will be a dead giveaway of my age!

Back in the 50's (as a wee tender lad!) I had two books - one about
trains, one about planes. They were the only "technical" books I had,
and they were read and re-read.

I believe the titles were something like "Hoyle's Book of Trains" and
a similar title for planes. They were printed in the UK.

I'd like to get hold of the train book (maybe there is a copy lurking
out there) even if only for a loan. But, obviously, a correct title
would help my search.

Maybe one of my contemporaries would recall the book. If so, any
assistance anyone can provide would be welcome.

Paul Blair
pblair@email.dot.gov.au
Paul Blair
pblair@email.dot.gov.au  or