Amusing announcements part II [Was: City Circle Trains]

On Fri, 31 Jul 1998 00:54:18 +1000, Andrew R Blume
<andrew@hutch.com.au> wrote:

>Plus.... another amusing announcement that raised a bit of a laugh today
>at Glenferrie station around 3.15p:
>
>`To the passenger holding the door open, I don't care if I have to sit
>here all day. I'm going to get paid either way, so I'll sit here all day
>if I have to. So think about it.'
>
>Just after leaving Glenferrie, on the same service:
>
>`This train will be stopping all stations to Lilydale' - and cruised
>straight through Auburn.

Couldnt have been better than the mechanical Metman (a.k.a. the Grim
Reaper) constantly calling out "Stand clear, platform 3, train now
departing, stand clear please" even though there was no train there
for a few mintues at least. The exact same announcement (accouncing
platform 3 as well) was used on platform 5 this evening as well as the
St Albans train was about to depart. Maybe they need to sort out his
bugs, announcing trains that do and do not go through the city loop
would be a good start. Either that or rehire the
extremely-hard-to-understand-non-australians who used to announce (im
not racist, just telling the honest truth).

Michael.