Re: Webb Dock - What's Up Dock?

The endangered Victorian White Elephant. The contractors are removing it's
habitat! I'm sure the government will build an New white elephant habitat in
the near future......

Yuri J Sos/Melbourne AUS wrote:

  On Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:55:32 GMT, pcc@ocean.com.au (Les Brown)
  wrote,
  and I selectively quote:

  >Does anyone know what this line is intended for?

  The line is dead.

  The line lost its connection to the rest of the system last year with
  the reconstruction of the bypass line (to MFT) around the new
  Docklands stadium.  Concrete sleepers mean that it can't be converted
  to standard gauge and Webb Dock has been re-built to eliminate the
  rail terminal.  Apparently Patrick's did want a rail connection to
  Webb Dock a couple of years ago but were knocked back.

  The bridge over the river will be converted to a footbridge as part of
  the broader Docklands project.

  >The normal procedure for tearing up a line is to start at the end
  >and work back.

  There's no rail connection, so it doesn't matter where the contractor
  starts to tear up the track.

  Yuri

--

Thanks, Tony.

"I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate!"

Visit my Homepage: http://www.eisa.net.au/~tgatt

or just click here: mailto:tgatt@eisa.net.au