Re: Mungindi line service

Roy Marshall <marsh@zip.com.au> writes:
> On the ABC this morning there was a report that a passenger rail service
> had been established between Moree and Ashley, which is on the former
> Mungindi line (wheat trains still run to Weemelah).This is due to
> extreme flooding in the area but would anyone know what they would use
> on this service? Would a set be sent up from Newcastle I wonder?
>
> Cheers Roy

Here in Brisbane the ABC TV news showed the train running on the bridge
over the swollen river.  It was a candy coloured 2 car diesel (620 class?)
which I presume was sent up from Newcastle.  From the TV clip I noticed
that the 2 car diesel has graffiti on it on one of the sides.

Graham Duffin,
Salisbury, Qld.