Echuca A2 and WCR steam update.

A2 996: This locomotive is owned by WCR as far as I
know. They have restored the boiler to workable
condition and it may move to Ballarat East soon where
it will be restored to full mainline working order by
WCR paid staff.All that really needs to happen is WCR
need to get D3 638 up to Ballarat East and strip it
of all re-useable parts so that it can take 996's
spot on the wharf.Two other major problems have to be
overcome during the restoration these problems are a
cracked driver side cylinder and a bent rear driver
side con-rod, these items were damaged when the loco
was towed from Bendigo, the loco driver in the A2
didn't lubricate the engine at all!!! So the items
may have to be replaced. A2 964 at Resevior may well
be the donor.

R711: This loco is now virtually finished I saw the
loco on friday the 25th of July and the have now
fitted the double lempor funnels. I am not too sure
on whether the R has had its valve gear put back or
not, but I am sure that if they haven't they will in
the next 2 or 3 weeks. When outshopped I believe that
the colour scheme will be all grey - no black at all
and instead of red, WCR blue will be used. Personally
I can't wait to photograph it when it re-enters
service.
It sure will be set apart from the other running R's.

Y112: Is waiting for its next turn of duty and needs
to be cleaned or painted badly. I volunteer!!!

J536: Has been moved into a turntable road alongside
Y112. It may well be WCR's next project.

D3 688: Still sitting in a turntable road at Ballarat
East. No action but when the loco is restored it is
planned to go on loan to tha Murray Valley railway at
Echuca.

D3 641: Still at Beaufort may also move to ballarat
East in the near future for restoration by WCR.

K175: Still at Mildura. No action.

I hope this small summary helps someone out there

Cheers,

Lachlan Grant