Re: New Countrylink Timetable & Fares Book effective 1st July 1998

In article <6pkfme$65d$1@grissom.powerup.com.au>,
  Graham Duffin <duffin@powerup.com.au> wrote:

> Countrylink have issued a 72 page timetable and fares book effective
> 1st July 1998.  It has a fold out diagramatic map at the back and the
> timetable includes the rail and bus services together. It is also
> multi-coloured.

And it is about time too - their previous timetables were an absolute
DISGRACE!

> Does anyone know why Countrylink have issued such a comprehensive
> and much improved timetable?  Were they pushed into it from above
> or are they genuinely trying to win more passengers?

They seem to have revamped their marketting department - they have also
redone their website - gone is the old photo of an XPT Power Car - they now
have quite a good and comprehensive site (although some ppl will object to
the horizontal scroll-bar, but I think it is cute!)
http://www.countrylink.nsw.gov.au for those who don't know it!

Hope this helps,

David "The Doctor" Proctor