Re: ASR Reopening Lines?

Nic Doncaster wrote in message <6pf8p2$880$1@pinah.connect.com.au>...
>There are one or two section of track missing (or were) when I drove
through
>Kadina a few weeks ago.
>
>I have not fully paced the yards at Wallaroo but wonder if the area can
still be
>accessed by rail.
>
>Finally would it be in ASR's interest to re-open a line such a Wallaroo,
given
>it can deep port through Port Adeliade or rail out form Pirie?
>
>Nic

ASR are not in a position to choose which port would be used. The cargo
would be despatched by the grain handling operator in SA or the Australian
Wheat Board. The choice of port depends on a number of things including the
deal with the port operator (In this case AFAIK all are operated by the SA
Ports Corporation) and the cost of the land transport operation. Perhaps ASR
see a niche in the operation to Wallaroo. While I don't have handy
statistics with me on a Sunday night, I am sure that grain is still shipped
through Wallaroo  and this must be transported by road. If ASR do get it
back all I can say is good on you ASR.

Barry Campbell