Re: Graphing timetables in excel

David referred to a graph which I produced.  It was not a timetable graph.
It was a speed-time graph (using smoothed averages) for a single train.  I
produced it in Works, with the classic problem of all Microsoft software:
the effort is spent working around the limitations rather than exploiting
the benefits.
I can't recall any timetable graphs from Stephen McLean.  If so, they would
have been produced in Basic on an Apple IIe.
Rob Weiss built a plotting interface for an Apple one.  This was applied to
Jack McLean's Wingrove Railway.  There was automatic inputting of time and
location, and the output was a graph of the session's actual operation.
[Wingrove is a model railway which runs trains on a realistic line, to a
timetable, against a hot clock].
--
Regards
Roderick Smith