Re: Carl Scully announcement

David Bromage wrote:

> Greg Nicholls (nicholls.gregory.gj@bhp.com.au) wrote:
> > I heard on Radio Illawarra ABC FM yesterday that Carl Scully is starting
> > an investigation into the possibility of opening current unused brach
> > lines in NSW.
>
> And Silverton was investigating the same thing how many years ago? :)

Oh how the wheel turns!  In 1993/4 the NSW Department of Transport called
expressions of interest for the re-opening of a number of branch lines within
New South Wales.  All support was lost for the process when the present state
government was elected, and so those lines remain disused today.  Silverton
was not the only operator to express an interest in the re-opening of country
branch lines, and in fact we were the preferred proponent for further
negotiations on some lines until the process was abandoned in late 1994.

Matthew.

--
Matthew Clements - Project Manager - The Silverton Tramway Company Limited
Phone: (03) 9592 1364