Clyde Yard

Further to my recent posting on Clyde yard, the reader who noted that there was
a "new" fence situated in what, IIRC, was being called "the paddock" ids
correct, but it has been there for some weeks now.  The other point is the
apparent amount of track maintenance and general trackwork that has been
undertaken in/about Clyde yard in recent months.  Of significance is that some
roads have been removed, some have been partially upgraded, whilst there has
been some use of steel sleepers (especially in what I believe was called "the
pole yard", on the western side of the creek, behind Clyde station).
It often seems a good bet that whenever work is being undertaken there is every
likelihood that something more dramatic is going to occur.  This could well be
another case in point, though I cannot remember any suggestions that Clyde was
to close given the number of industries in the area.

Indeed, the suggestions have been that Clyde was going to be upgraded, and this
may indeed be what is happening, into a full container terminal (remember that
FreightCorp now has a number of contracts to haul container traffic from both
Sandown and Yennora to Port Botany).  There has been some talk that a second
terminal was to be built at St Marys, probably on the former Rope's Creek line,
given the amount of industrial activity in the St Marys - Blacktown area.
--

Regards

David Donald
Springwood, NSW