Re: Swanston Trams

On 22 Jul 1998 09:00:24 GMT, ROY HOWARTH <rhowarth@tig.com.au> wrote:

>A few questions....
A few Answers

>- Were the Met logos on that Z3 painted out?

no

>- Is this part of tram privatisation, Kennett style?

Yes, the trams have been split into two seperate companies "Swanston
Trams" and "Yarra Trams" so they can be sold.

>- Have any other trams been sighted wth this wording?

All the Swanston Trams.......all trams running down Swanston Street
						St Kilda Road
						Elizabeth Street
						William Street
						(and the Footscray
tram)

>- Are there any W's running at all (I keep hearing estamates of between 0

Only the 8 City Circle W-Class are running at the moment...the rest
for route 16,8 & 12 are sitting in the depots.