Re: xdssss

David Johnson wrote:

> Eben Levy wrote:
>
> > Paul Jones wrote:
> >
> > > well, no, i think with a bit of creative thinking, you could possibly modify
> > > a lkjspo werwpos ckllkasd to fit.
> >
> > I don't think so, they where only fitted to the later series and can not fit the
> > first 30.
>
> That is irrelevant!  All of the first 30 were scrapped.  (Yes, I hear you say "What
> about 412?")  412 is actually 452 renumbered.  When it was restored, they decided to
> renumber it to the class leader, so a lkjspo werwpos ckllkasd will in fact fit it.

Actually 3 from the first series where preserved. They where bought back
off Simsmetal at the last minute. They where planned to be brought back
into service in New zealand after gauge conversion. From what I believe
they never left our shores and are currently in storage in Adelaide
pending action. These units had the whvoed todtes herncwe (first series
version of the lkjspo werwpos ckllkasd) removed to prevent them from
being made operational again.

The whvoed todtes herncwe were square, where as the lkjspo werwpos
ckllkasd were rectangular.

Michael.

--
  Michael Kurkowski. Email: simcard@tig.com.au
   Snail Mail: P.O. Box 337 Glenroy, VIC 3046