Re: Gonninans still crying

Bob <gioia@fastlink.com.au> wrote:
>Yesterday Gonninans were paid a visit at their Broadmeadow plant by
>several very concerned politicians. These included Messers Photios ,
>Collins and Blackmore. They were there to help the violin concert that
>has played ever since the announcement that Clyde is the preferred
>tenderer for the 4GT contract. Mr Photios spoke all his usual garbage
>that made no sense at all. Mr Collins went on about about how bad it was
>that Newcastle had lost all these jobs to Bathurst and Mr Blackmore just
>stood and smiled at the cameras. All in all it was a vote for me and
>I'll help you poor people stunt but if only they had their facts
>correct. It seems that Mr Photios thought that the whole train was to be
>built at Bathurst. They were unaware that the cars would be built at
>Cardiff (Newcastle). I just hope we don't see these twits in Government
>next year. They make the Carr Government look good even though they are
>hopeless.
>Bob

Well now, all of this reminds me of the former Federal
Labor Government which had a Transport Minister could
Bob Brown, came from around Newcastle way I believe.
He set up a committee which resulted in the formation
of the National Rail Corporation.
Mr Brown was replaced with Laurie Brereton, "Mr Stitch
a Deal" himself from the NSW ALP right, he signed a
contract in Newcastle for "Australia's largest loco
contract" 120 NR class to be precise.
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Newcastle a Labor
stronghold.?

----Terry Burton
Alice Springs NT