Re: Locotrol

The term "Locotrol" as it applies to Harris equipment refers to remotely
operating mid train or rear loco's.

Moving a train at very slow speeds under a loader is done by manual power
control (Australian term), Power reduction, (American term) or in the case of
Harris equipment by a speedsetter or pacesetter where you simply punch in the
speed you want to maintain and the computer does the rest.

VR's H class had, (have?) manual power control but it was much more sensitive
than normal manual power control.

Hope this helps

Mark.

I can be abused and called names at: markbau@aol.com

If the abuse is particularly profound I'll give you my real email address.