Re: Melbourne - Metcard validation before every trip

: My weeklies get rather crushed up after about 4 days of use... I'd hate
: to imagine the poor people who put up with the monthlies. Brings up an
: interesting point. What would happen if you had a monthly and the data
: on the magstripe was corrupted in the first week, thus not allowing you
: to validate/enter/exit from barriers?

Then they give you a refund form to fill out.  You send in the ticket
with form and about 4 weeks later you might get your refund.

: Metcard Sucks.

I agree.

: (p.s. paper tickets are still available from Glenroy station, but not
: for long now, Metcrud is installed and waiting for the premiumisation of
: the station to be finished).

If you are buying a monthly ticket form Flinders Street (Elis. St) through
the window.  Tell them you would like a paper ticket, they should give you
one.

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord