Re: Melbourne - Metcard validation before every trip

Chris Gordon wrote:

> Mike Alexander wrote:
> >
> > > Validating before every journey is driving me _insane_...
> > >
> > > ...Paul
> >
> > It _really_ isn't that hard Paul.
> >

> With tickets printed by thermal?  Does last long
> Magnetic strip after validating 3 or more times a day?
>
> And if you use monthlies?

My weeklies get rather crushed up after about 4 days of use... I'd hate
to imagine the poor people who put up with the monthlies. Brings up an
interesting point. What would happen if you had a monthly and the data
on the magstripe was corrupted in the first week, thus not allowing you
to validate/enter/exit from barriers? Initial thoughts would be you
would have the gestapo following their assumptions telling you to
validate more often or every two times per fart or something stupid like
that. Would cause a nice big delay each time you have to get out of the
barriers in the morning since they would not believe you and you will
always have the smartarse one who will try to fine you on some illegal
grounds.

Metcard Sucks.

Michael.

(p.s. paper tickets are still available from Glenroy station, but not
for long now, Metcrud is installed and waiting for the premiumisation of
the station to be finished - pity about no eftpos or i would jump at the
chance for paper tickets).

--
  Michael Kurkowski. Email: simcard@tig.com.au
   Snail Mail: P.O. Box 337 Glenroy, VIC 3046