Re: Why not just the TGV?

Barry Campbell (campblbm@ozemail.com.au) wrote:
> David Bromage wrote in message <6oi48o$fl3$2@news.mel.aone.net.au>...

> >A VFT would run on its own line roughly following the freeway. At a rough
> >guess I'd say under 30 mins Central to Wollongong.

> Wow. A VFT ride down Mt Ousley. Auntie Jack would be impressed!

I can just imagine the PA announcement on departing Wollongong City:
"Goodbye me little luvlies!" (Oh dear, I'm showing my age)

> BTW - how would it get from the freeway route to Wollongong. Perhaps a T
> junction between Fairy Meadow and North Wollongong?

I would assume it would drop down to the Illawarra line just before the
station, and branch off again just south. The other option is a new
station inland, again near the freeway.

Cheers
David