Re: sightings and questions

McGinty Family wrote:

> On Friday, 10th July I travelled from Gosford to Newcastle to to do a bit
> of photography etc. On passing Cardiff loco, I noticed 42207/18/19 parked
> beside the workshops, and then whilst waiting to photograph a four car K
> set doing passenger services at Broadmeadow, FreightCorp's 4856 crawled
> through with electric loco 4627 in tow (minus pantographs). The loco's
> proceeded through the station and stopped at Woodville Junction to allow a
> Muswellbrook bound Endeavour pass. I would assume that the electric loco
> was heading for either Simsmetal at Kooragang Island or possibly Rothbury
> Riot at Branxton. Did anybody else get photo's of this movement and does
> anybody know details of the destination and owner?

4627 was bound for Rothbury. The reason it had no pantograph is that it would
have been out of gauge in a non electrified area so it was removed for its
journey. The three 422s at Cardiff are with the train radio project team that
are currently working at Cardiff. These are the units that were used for
testing in the west some months ago. They may be used again for testing in the
future and are started every week to keep the batteries charged.
Bob