Re: Info wanted on Colliery Siding Arrangements - Newcastle (on Hunter)

"Kim Mihaly" <kmihaly@launch.net.au> wrote:

>Does anybody using this group have any diagrams of (or point me at a
>publication containing) the siding arrangements of the various private
>railways of the Aust Agricultural Co, the Newcastle Coal Mining Co or
>Newcastle Coal and Copper Mining Railway, New Lambton and Shortland
>Collieries at any time in their histories, or of Kings/Queens Wharf when the
>Newcastle Wallsend Co had the steam cranes there, and Bullock Island before
>1900.

The NSWGR published a "once-only" (twice-only?) Local Appendix for the
Newcastle Coal district.  This had practically complete track diagrams
for everything vaguely in the Newcastle area.

However, it was a 1951 publication, so it may be far too modern for
what you seek.

These things are fairly common and would be at the ARHS archives.  I
have one at home and can photocopy any bits that are relevant.

Geoff Lambert