Re: 4Th Generation CityRail Trains

TjByfield wrote:

> Come on there must be some details available.  What is it based on and has
> it got Mitsubushi train control and motive power systems like all other
> CityRail cars?
>
> At least we know from Goninan's parent Company's reporting of the massive
> losses (Howard Smith's $25-30 million write-offs from bottom line in the
> past couple of months) to do with the troubled operations, that it was not a
> rebadged Tangara.
>
> The stranglehold on CityRail train supply appears to have been broken.
> Clyde/EDI are reportedly a lower cost, better value supplier with better and
> more exiting product.    About time there was more than one baskets for our
> eggs.
>

> Paul Jones wrote in message
> <6nl4g0$vp3$1@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>...
> >Does anyone have any info on the 4GT? All i seem to be able to find out is
> >that they are due for introduction in 2000, and this seems a bit too soon
> >for me.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >---------
> >Paul Jones

 The control equipment is to be supplied by GEC Alstrum. They claim that there
are 4000 cars in Europe using this equipment but I don't know where these are.
All the design for the 4GT electrical equipment is imported technology and
Gonninans are crying that they may have to close down their design office as
they don't have any new train to design!
Bob