New Siding nr Altona Junction?

Whilst waiting to film R761 the Geelong Pass this morning, I noticed
what looks like a sub-roadbed for a new track beside and north of the
SG line near Altona Junction just west of the Millers Road overpass.

In a state where more track seems to be removed than built, I'm
wondering if this is in fact a new siding/loop ?

BTW, thanks to the NR driver of NP2 who on seeing me, blew horn and
turned on bell for maximum effect <g!>.  The steel load for the two
NRs must have been *very* heavy as the train seemed to be unable to
get above about 60km/h.  At that rate it would appear that the R would
have overtaken them by about Laverton <g!>.

Oh, and the 10.30 ABC radio news mentioned that GSR has announced the
reduction in Overland services to 5/week and the Ghan to Melbourne
once weekly.  It didn't say when that was to start.

Regards

Yuri