Indian Pacific - West, Not South!

G'day.

Okay - apologies to all.   My little birdie has been captured and
executed.   It seems that after I posted my previous advice about the
re-routing of today's IP via the South in both directions, the powers
that be relented and allowed the train to run as usual.

Stuee - I now know what it is like to be harpooned!

My apologies to all who spent a fruitless had waiting on the South.
All I can say was that it was planned, paths worked out, etc., but all
was cancelled at the last moment.

Just out of curiosity, would the NR have worked singly long-end
leading between Parkes & Cootamundra in each direction?

Pete.