Mt Lofty Station

I was in the Adelaide Hills the other day, and noticed that Mt Lofty
railway station has been completely restored. The station building and
signal box have been reroofed and repainted, their is a new ticket booth, a
new carpark, a new pedestrian ramp, and the area of platform 1 in front of
the station building has been paved. There are even a couple of new garden
beds.Come to think of it, it is probably now in better condition than any
other station in the whole of Adelaide. Does anyone know why this has been
done? As far as I know, Mt Lofty railway station has been disused now for
many years, as far as passenger trains go.

Lachlan