Re: Re:4th Generation Train for Sydney

McGinty Family wrote in message <01bdac7a$ff36a200$LocalHost@michael>...
>I am pleased to be able to pass on information regarding the 4th Generation
>electric train to be built for City Rail. .  .

Thank you for the information which did not appaer to be known by any
others.

Do you know any details of the train its self.  Is it based on an overseas
train design as were the XPT and Tangara?

Do you know what bogie design is used (the Tangara used a Japanese  Nippon
Shario design  -- the bogie was assembled by Clyde but welded frame which
gave
trouble and recently has shown signs of cracks was constructed by Goninans).

Do you have any details of the electrics -- control system and motors -- all
other  CityRail double deckers use Mitsubushi who are  technology partner of
Goninan.

It is refreshing to see some genuine competition in the supply of passenger
rolling stock.   This also breaks the Goninan monopoly on maintenance.