Re: Metcard Validation

Michael Kurkowski wrote in message <359CB5D1.CEB79F6F@tig.com.au>...
>Johann Fan wrote:
>>
>> also, the reason why sometimes the gates take your ticket and doesn't
give
>> it back is because the actual validator part gets moved inwards (why is
it
>> loose in the first place??) and the outlet doesn't line up... but the
ticket
>> is valid so the validator just keeps pushing the ticket upwards...
another
>> common sense design aspect... hmmm
>> ... there's a pattern to this.... =P
>
>And most often if there is someone standing behind you they will
>probably hand your ticket back to you. Somehow the barriers find a way
>to spit your ticket from the bottom, in the opposite direction. If
>no-one stands behind you it will probably be just behind you on the
>ground. Wonder if it's actually a "feature" and not a "bug" just so the
>gestapo can make more money from you when they dont believe the gate ate
>your ticket, perhaps make you buy a ticket if youre on the outside.
>*sigh* i think ill go play the pokies instead, more chance of getting
>something back.

actually I was referring to when the ticket is taken by the gate and NOT
GIVEN BACK (ie it swallows your ticket) and you (and staff) try to pry it
out of the validator part ...

when it rejects your ticket (comes back out) it is because either :
i) the stupid gate can't read you ticket, probably just dust on the reader
ii) your ticket is the wrong size (yes.. I said the wrong size cos I've had
tickets that are just too big to fit comfortably thru the validator... ends
up having to bend the ticket lengthwise so that it fits thru

cheers
Johann