Re: Metcard Validation

> In peak hour most people know what they are doing now, and off peak,
> is a little less cramped, In the mornings I see a few people trying to
> get on to the station with everyone coming out and the barriers set to
> bi-directional.
> If they set the barriers at all stations to in or out it would make
> things a little better.

Hear, hear. IMHO they should only set barriers in bi-directional mode when
there is no other option (e.g. only one wide gate in a set of gates).
Otherwise, it is terribly confusing, especially when you are trying to get
through the gates in the "anti-peak" direction.

After endless trouble at the Swanston St gates at Flinders St station,
sense has prevailed, and the gates there are always set for 3 x IN and 3 x
OUT. But since they opened up a few more gates there, the new ones are set
to bi-directional. And the Batman Ave gates are always set to
bi-directional. I just can't understand it. And I'm sure they even paid
extra money for this supposed "feature".

When will common sense prevail????????

Regards,

Mike Alexander
(malex@bigfoot.com)